Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wishing I had started my "bidness" degree program while still on active duty.....

If you have a family member who still on active duty somewhere, I would ask them about their educational benefits.   I recently attended a briefing by Air Force General Stephen R. Lorenz, commander, Air Education and Training Command, on the changes in education benefit.  In my day, the Air Force paid for a major percentage of classes.  Now, the Air Force is paying the "full freight" for classes.  Students still have to purchase book and supplies, but that's a heck of a deal.

I am blogging about this because I just did an interview with Yahoo on the transformation I made with my education.   Five years after leaving the military, I went back to college to get my second degree in marketing at UTSA.   The difference of having a degree with a background in general business with the focus on marketing has been a major factor in my business success.

Still, I wish I had started on my business degree while on active duty.  I would have been better prepared  for the transition from military to civilian life.  So, if you have a loved one on active duty, please tell them to visit their education office.  Even in the far reaches of Iraq and Afghanistan, there are courses that could help prepare them for civilian life.

1 comment:

Robinsen Clerk said...

You’re the sweetest! Thank you for everything you do! To get more information drugstore online from generic ed drugs.