Sunday, January 25, 2009

Are there really social media superstars out there?

There's been some discussion lately about what makes a Twitter "rock star" these days. There are guys with thousands of followers who might fit the bill. Perhaps, if you have five thousand or more followers that might qualify you as a Mick Jagger of the social media set.

Yet, there are some folks who are worth following. Here's three guys that every person should follow via Twitter or add to their reading list:

Chuck Hester: (Twitter handle: @chuckhester). Chuck is currently working on a book about LinkedIn that espouses that people "pay it forward" with others within their network. His blog gives social media novices like me the insight to master the changes in communications strategy.


Thom Singer: (Twitter handle: @thomsinger) Author of "Some Assembly Required," Thom's blog posts are truly insightful and worth the time to read.

David Meerman Scott: (Twitter handle: @dmscott) Author of the soon to be published "World Wide Rave," I am amazed that David has the time to respond to the three or four emails I have sent him in the past six months.

I am sure that there are others who are worth a follow.   If you know of such a person, please let me know. I want to discover them before they become the next social media "rock stars."

4 comments:

David Meerman Scott said...

Hi Matt, Thanks for including me. Now I'll have to check out the other two people here! Take care, David

thomsinger said...

Matt, thanks for the shout out. I am honored by your kind words.

thom

Bondsir said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chuck Hester said...

Thanks for adding me to the list, Matt. Continue to pay it forward!

Chuck