Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Finding a little "jelly" in San Antonio


Until today, I had never heard of a "jelly," but today I went to one at La Taza today.  While I think of jelly as the key ingredient to a good PBJ sandwich, it's an informal collection of folks who get together to work on their comuters, chat and work together.

There, I met Jennifer Navarette , the president of the San Antonio media club.  It was a great chance to share some thoughts and some concepts.  The "jelly" meets every Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday.   It's a good chance to meet others who embrace the use of social media tools in San Antonio.

2 comments:

Shopgirl said...

Love the jelly photo! Next try co-working, which is an outgrowth of jelly. In Austin I go to Conjunctured and in Houston it's Caroline Collective.

I've met some interesting people co-working with whom I've developed relationships -- plus you don't have the noise of espresso machine!

Christopher Avery said...

If you're looking for THE co-working event in San Antonio, you'll want an invite from Firecat Sue:

http://firecatstudio.com/

http://twitter.com/firecatsue

I think its the first Friday of every month. Lots of cool on-line marketing and media folks...