Friday, September 12, 2008

Feeling the buzz from my Austin business trip

I had one of those 16-hour roadies to Austin yesterday. I got up at 5 a.m. in San Antonio, walked the dog and headed north for an Austin Innotech advisory meeting at 8 a.m. For the first time in my life, I actually got through the Austin Exit 228 crawl and managed to get to the meeting off Mo-Pac 30 minutes ahead of time.

As the publicist for Austin Innotech meeting, I have to develop the media outreach for this event. With a cast of great technology leaders and having Sean Lowery the "brains" behind this event, it won't be difficult to engage the regular and social media folks on this event.

In the course of three meetings, I saw a couple of potential clients and made some great contacts as well. Austin technology folks love to talk and promote their vision. So, I was so pumped up that I got up early this morning to catch up on all the business cards and connections I made yesterday.

1 comment:

JF said...

Just wondering who made the roadtrip. I soloed last Tuesday but had 5 meetings to spread the cost of the gas. So, who were the 16 roadies??? And the more important question is how to make a reverse RT happen.