Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How Twitter is causing us to disown our TV.... how cool

So, I am sitting at the Austin Business District Open 4 Business social marketing conference when I heard perhaps one of the most enlightening thoughts from Jon Lebkowsky.  Lebkowsky, one of the panelist for the social media conference today and one of Austin's leading social media gurus, said that Twitter and blogging allows people to move outside of their silo to communicate.    Jon L discussed how people got into their silos thanks to the invention of TV which caused people to not talk to each other.  Now, Twitter allows businesses to communicate to their customers and their partners in real time.

My wife can tell you that I love to use the Twitter and the blogging stuff.  Truthfully, I have the TV on as background noise, but I often turn it off to reach out to other people.

No comments: