Friday, May 16, 2008

On a mission from God


My friend and colleague Kevin Koym likes to say that his business and life is like being on a "mission from God," but today I truly feel like I am focusing on the Lord's work.   Today, I am sitting in a room of men from San Antonio for a Ministry of the Third Cross ACTS retreat with the Texas Youth Commission.  Because of the unique qualities of this program, I can't really describe in great detail what's happening this weekend, but I wanted to share some of my thoughts in this and follow in this blog.

Typically, ACTS retreats that I have served on focus on adult men.   At the end of the retreat, there's usually been a growth of spirituality and a chance to connect with others who share the same beliefs.  However, this is a slightly different retreat because we're working with 16 to 19-year-old teens who have been incarcerated.   

It's my hope that I can reach these boys.   I have the help of 25 other guys who have been through the ACTS program, and after just a couple of hours, I am seeing some changes in the retreat participants.

No comments: