Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dealing with the spammers who find my number on a news release

As I was busy working on a project for a client this morning, I got two phone calls from phone spammers.  One was the classic visit "Vegas" telephone pitch; the second was someone with a British guy who saw my name at the end of a Business Wire News Release.  

I asked him if he was looking to hire me, and he told me that he had gotten my name from a release for one of my clients.   He added that he had the "investment of a lifetime."

In the future, I am going to change one of the numerical numbers in my phone number to an ordinal version.   I will probably use something like 222-323-652(zero) to see if that throws them off.   

I am wondering if other publicists are having the same issue as I am............

No comments: