Tuesday, April 1, 2008

An April Fools post and salute to the king of PR bloggers

With April Fools Day, I thought it was appropriate that I write this "story" in honor of Alan Weinkrantz, the maestro of public relations blogging:

Weinkrantz to forgo technical public relations to pursue music career as lead for group "Blogoshere"
SAN ANTONIO – After getting his picture on the "cover of the Rolling Stone" for his debut album, Alan Weinkrantz, the lead singer, drummer and guitarist for Blogosphere will leave his technical public relations practice.

The San Antonio rocker first hit from his debut album was a remix of the Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show song "On The Cover Of The Rolling Stone."

"I love Shel Silverstein's tune because it was the mantra I have been practicing for all my years with my technology clients," said Weinkrantz.

Prior to establishing his public relations firm, Weinkrantz auditioned as a drummer for the heavy metal group "Spinal Tap" in the late 70s. "Considering the track record of the drummers who played with this group, it was a prudent decision to pursue the public relations endeavor," said Weinkrantz.

No comments: