Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sharing the road to Austin


I am going to Austin on Thursday (schedule permitting) to attend the Door 64 event at 5:30 to 9 p.m. on 6th Street on March 27. The hope is to get other techies from San Antonio to join me for this monthly party in Austin. As one of the DCI board members, it's my job to encourage the development of technology between San Antone and what I called the "Capitol of the Republic of Texas." While we're only 70 miles apart, there are some unique differences in both cities, yet there is the possibility of synergy between both of us. I've blogged on this topic before, but I am hoping to enable others to take part in this roadie. Bob Szymanski, the chief blogger at blueyaptrap.com and I are trying to set up a car pool effort for the north side of Austin. I picked the Hooters parking lot off I-35 not because of the wings or the girls but because everyone know where the former Selma police department was located. If you are a technologist who wants to meet folks in Austin, please show up at the parking lot at 3:15 p.m. (Note: If you are a life insurance, financial consultant or realtor who wants to network, please understand that you're not too welcome. A better choice would be your local chamber of commerce's next mixer.)

No comments: