Saturday, March 22, 2008

Heading to ISC West in 10 days

I am heading to Las Vegas for the ISC West trade show April 1-4. Thanks to Southwest, I got a great deal on the airfare. I am also going back to the Circus Circus Hotel. As hotels go, it's not the Ritz, but perhaps relocating to the towers will help me get a room where the maid provides clean towells.

As a PR professional, I have set up about 12 meetings with my clients Assa Abloy and HBMG. I hope to soon add another, but am still awaiting word from them on the terms and conditions. Still, some of my other tech clients seem impressed that I got so many meetings set up.

I am lucky in that I have a good working relationship with the editors at most of the trade publications that cover the industry. I have been going to ISC West for three straight years, and I have provided interviews, written stories or done other things to help the editors and staffers who work for publicatons such as Security or Security Products Magazine.

No comments: