Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Are our IT processes really green?


"How can IT CIOs determine if their process is truly green?" That's a question posed today at the Green Technology Alliance forum, today, at the Microsoft Technology Center. It's an interesting concept that is under discussion today in Austin as members of this progressive city are looking at ways to lower the carbon footprint of the typical American human being.

One of the ways that we Americans can lower our footprint is to look at our processes. For example, I keep my phone charger plugged even though I don't use it. And, then there's the five computers in my office that stay on. Do I really need them on all the time?

These are the messages that I, a typical American consumer, must change to make sure that my children and their children have enough energy.

No comments: