Thursday, April 26, 2007

Five copies for my mother

One of the golden rules in public relations is that you try to stay in the background as much as possible. However, on Tuesday, there was my picture in the San Antonio Express News. And yes, I am going to have to send a copy to my mother because the online version of the article doesn't include the pix.

On another note, I was glad to see such a great story for my newest client, BroadRamp. They have some unique technology that they are only scratching the surface in terms of publicity. I look forward to working the challenges of helping them along with my other clients.

And if you have an extra copy of Tuesday's Express News with the business section (not reserved for your bird or puppy in training), please send those extra copies of your paper to Martha Scherer at 21 Ridge Drive, Decatur, Illinois.

My 75-year-old Mom still has my clips from my days as the sports editor for the high school and for my tour of duty with the ISU Vidette. She'll add it to my scrapbook after she shows all the ladies at the local Eagle grocery.

On another note, I am amazed at how many people don't know about Captain Hook and the Medicine Show.

So for those of you who don't remember 1972, here's a recap of that great song:

(Shel Silverstein) Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show - 1972Ha, ha, ha, I don't believe itDa, da, ah, ooh, don't touch meHey, Ray!Hey, Sugar!Tell them who we are .....Well, we're big rock singersWe've got golden fingersAnd we're loved everywhere we go (that sounds like us)We sing about beauty and we sing about truthFor ten-thousand dollars a show (right)We take all kinds of pills that give us all kind of thrillsBut the thrill we've never knownIs the thrill that'll get ya when you get your pictureOn the cover of the Rolling Stone(Rolling Stone) Wanna see my picture on the cover(Stone)Wanna buy five copies for my mother (yeah)(Stone)Wanna see my smilin' faceOn the cover of the Rolling Stone (that's a very, very, good idea)I got a freaky ole lady name a cocaine KatyWho embroideries on my jeansI got my poor old grey haired daddyDrivin' my limosineNow, it's all designed to blow our mindsBut our minds won't really be blownLike the blow that'll get ya when you get your pictureOn the cover of the Rolling Stone(Rolling Stone) Wanna see our pictures on the cover(Stone) Wanna buy five copies for our mothers (yeah)(Stone) Wanna see my smilin' faceOn the cover of the Rolling Stone(Hey, I know how, rock and roll!!)[Freaky Guitar Break](Ah, that's beautiful)We got a lot of little teenage blue-eyed groupiesWho do anything we sayWe got a genuine Indian GuruWho's teaching us a better wayWe got all the friends that money can buySo we never have to be aloneAnd we keep getting richer but we can't get our pictureOn the cover of the Rolling Stone(Rolling Stone) Wanna see my picture on the cover(Stone) Wanna buy five copies for my mother (I want one!)(Stone) Wanna see my smilin' faceOn the cover of the Rolling StoneOn the cover of the Rolling Stone(Man, I don't know why we ain't on the cover, Baby)(We're beautiful people)(I ain't kiddin', why, we would make a beautiful cover(Fresh shot, right up front, man)(I can see it now, we'll be up on the front)(Smilin', man ...... ahh, beautiful!)

No comments: