Thursday, February 22, 2007

Calling all michelada lovers


Just spoke to my friend John Griffin, the dining editor for the San Antonio Express News, http://www.mysa.com, about Micheladas. As the publicist for Twang http://www.twang.com, I have been working with John on restaurants that make a good version of this drink. The inspiration for this came after celebrating the birthday of Katie Hotard, one of my St. Francis CYO hoopsters. I don't want to name the restaurant but when I ordered a Michelada, the waiter gave me a drink with some salt, a shot of Clamato and the beer. Then, this restaurant billed me 50 cents for the extra tomato juice. So, I told John about what happened at the restaurant and their so called Michelada. In March, the Express News is running a story on Micheladas, and I have helped John find some great bars that feature the drink. If you know of a good place in San Antonio that features this drink, please give me a shot via email at mailto:mattscherer@gmail.com.

No comments: